Sunday, February 12, 2006

Getting to snowland


This is a bit late to write about trip that happened a month ago... but i tell anyway.
We had it all that is needed to have really relaxing and enjoyable week of winterholiday. Good friends, Heidi and Bart with us. Nice accommodation with all the necessities and a lot more, with lovely and romantic bedroom, fireplace and sauna. The weather was perfect to do all kind of winter sport. And later on having my parents over for couple of days.

I took train from Oulu to Kajaani on New Year‘s Eve. I was wondering where do I go, since within all the 2,5 hours train trip I didn’t see anything else but trees covered by snow and some lakes on the way. I just saw a glimpse of town when I got off the train and hopped on the bus that took me 40 km away from civilization again. But the destination was more I expected and dared to dream about. After getting a key to our cottage from reception I struggled with all my luggage and skies to the cottage. When I got there I couldn’t wait for the others coming. I had to take pics and send them to friends and show what’s waiting for them when they come.

Heidi came few hours later, and she if somebody had an interesting trip! After getting onto train she realized she had forgotten her wallet home and she didn’t even have a ticket to the destination. Somehow she could get really good help from some fellow in train. Person gave her money to get by train to the end station where she would take a taxi. Also the conductor gave her some cash to pay a taxi to the cottage. Those things are really rare in Finland that people donate money to an unknown person. And only gives a phone number to give a call to when she is in safe and sound in the cottage.

Guys came a bit later. They had a long trip from Southern Finland 700 km up to north, but fortunately they had company from each other. Although the one was sleeping and the other one working almost all the way.

So, there we got all together, excited and willing to enjoy New Year’s Eve and few days in snowland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home