1:59:12
I did it finally! ;)
I run my first semimarathon after many years of trials and disappointments. Within last two years I always had some injury or pain in legs and feet and couldn’t even think about running 21,097km. Now I am so happy and proud of myself, that I finally did it and with good result also. First I didn’t put any time goal to myself but I only wanted to run all the way from start to finish line. After 10km my speed so far was good enough to aim time 2:15. And at the point of 18km I could aim it even tighter... I wanted to get to goal within 2hours! Everything else was fine, didn’t have any problems with legs, but my stomach didn’t really like the energy drinks that I drank before running. But somehow I could speed up a little bit during the last 3km, but had to struggle a lot in the very last 500metres. I thought I reached the finish line when my colleagues were cheering me up, but I only had to pass them and make the last tour of 400meters. I made it and passed the finish line within 1:59:12. At least my goal came true! ;)
My friends wondered if I run at all, they said I looked so fresh at the end. But from my point of view I did all best I could. Maybe I just made it to look so easy for me. ;) Guys struggled with painful muscles and they were sweating like hell. I didn’t have pain anywhere -but in stomach- and actually I didn’t look that exhausted. But I couldn’t even think about continuing any more meters...
All participants got a medal for good achievement. There was also a lottery that you might win something with your competitor number. I went to ask whether I won something with my number 244, and I did. I got a terrain-pattering boxer shorts for men with size XL for present ;) I think I have a lot of use for that, especially that the size is big enough (sarcasm...). My colleaques didn't get any better gifts. Tuomo got a collection cd of “hits of the best finnish hits” from 80’s. He suggested me if we could change our presents, but I thought I still have more use for the boxers than for that CD. Maybe I could even try to take cover in my small flat with terrain-pattern shorts. ;)
Until all of my colleagues reached the finish line we went to a cafeteria for really deserved coffee and buns. From there we continued to our work place to have sauna and some drinks. Everybody seemed to have still enough energy to go for pints in pub and stay there until midnight. Maybe this kind of doing hard work and relaxing together gave us so powerful feeling that we didn’t think about tiredness anymore.
Now we are looking forward to the next running happening that takes place in three weeks in Helsinki. Maybe then I might aim even better time than 1:59:12 ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home